Check-in / Check-out Times
- - Check-in time is 3:00 PM to allow us enough time to have the cottage cleaned. Please let us know what time you expect to arrive.
- - Check-out time is 10:00 AM
- - There are occasions where the cottage is cleaned early that you may be able to arrive early as well. You must check with us first
- - There are also times that we don't have a renter immediately following which means you may be able to check out late. Please check with us first.
- - Payments can be made by Pay Pal, personal check or cash. We also accept all major credit cards.
- - In order to hold your reservation, we ask for 50% of the total invoice to be paid at the time your reservation is confirmed.
- - The deposit is fully refundable up to 45 days in advance of arrival.
- - If you need to cancel after 45 days prior to your arrival, please contact us.
- - The remaining 50% is due upon arrival.
- - If the reservation has a short lead time, we may ask for full payment in advance of arrival..
- - Please contact us with any questions or concerns..
- - We ask for a $100 security deposit per cottage on arrival also in check or cash.
- - Typically, this deposit will be returned on departure after a successful cottage inspection.
- - If for some reason the inspection can not be completed before you depart, we will mail your deposit back to you or destroy the check.
- - The costs of any damage will be deducted from the deposit and any damage in excess of $100 will still be the responsibility of the renter.
- - We will discuss with the renter any damages noted and the associated costs.
- - As a friendly request, please do not alter anything in the cottage. If you would like something moved or changed, check with us first. A few examples: do not move the furniture (like cabinets), to not remove nails or nail things to the walls, or do not remove the window screens.
- - Treat the cottage like your own place, we will be happy to return your security deposit.
- - Damage may occur, which can happen of course, please tell us honestly and we will work with you to resolve the matter.
What to Bring
- - The cottages come with basic pots, pans, dishes, cups, flatware, etc. that you should need.
- - You will need to bring your own hair dryer and shower soaps, shampoo etc.
- - If you miss something after you arrive, let us know and we will likely have it at the house for your use.
- - There is a charcoal grill at each cottage.
- - The cottages come with pillows and light summer blankets for each bed.
- - You will need to bring your own bed linens and towels, including kitchen towels. We do have linens and towels available for an additional $10 per bed per week.
- - You will also need to bring your own paper products such as paper towels, napkins, and toilet paper.
- - Within a 5 minute drive from Lakeside Melodies, there are two 24 hour stores (Meijer and Walmart) where you can buy just about anything you forgot.
- - Feel free to ask us any time if you have any questions.
- - The pet fee is $10 per pet per night. This has to do with the extra cleaning. We want all our guest to start with a pet hair free vacation.
- - All pets must remain on a leash when outside the cottages. You are allowed to keep them on a long leash near the cottage.
- - Because some of our guests suffer from allergies, pets can NOT be allowed in the bedrooms or on the furniture. If your pet will be on the furniture, please bring a cloth to cover the couch and chairs in respect for future guests.
- - Pets should not be left alone in the cottages unless they are in a pet crate. Animals should be under supervision at all times.
No Smoking in the Cottages
- - Smoking is not allowed in any of the buildings at Lakeside Melodies.
- - You may smoke outside but please take care to not leave cigarette butts anywhere on the property.
Of course we want you to have the best vacation ever, but your fellow guests want the same. Lots of people come to Lakeside Melodies for the nice peaceful surroundings and tranquility. For that reason, we ask our guests to keep the volume of the CD/radio and television at a level that is not disturbing to other guests. After 10 pm, we kindly ask that you not make too much noise outside so that other guests may sleep.
Campfires are fun! Near our beach area you will find a large camp fire area. The Folk Cottage has its own camp fire ring. The camp fire spot near the beach is available to all our guests. You can ask Bill if there is any wood available, there might be some stacked next to the campfire area or you can pick up sticks in the woods. There is also firewood available for purchase in Three Rivers.
A few remarks:
- - Don't leave young children alone at the fire.
- - Stay with your fire and keep an eye on it to make sure it is safe.
- - Make sure when you leave, that the fire is out and the situation is safe.